Lawn Care Forum banner

Back pack blowers stolen-carbondale il

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  xxl 
#1 ·
On the afternoon of April 7, 2011, Family Lawn Care has three backpack blowers stolen from the cargo area of one of our trucks, while working at Lewis Park Apartments in Carbondale IL.
2 were Stihl 600's(one less than week old- serial number 281876206)
second will have to post s/n later but was engraved "FLC"
1 was Stihl 550 (again less than one week old-SN 280144510)
Of course, we will monitor local pawn shops,to which we had reported theft, as well as to local P.D.
And, we did learn a valuable lesson, although all equipment is insured, we were told since items were not "scheduled", coverage was limited to $800, less our deductible of $500...so really we are going to be eating the cost of replacements.

#2 ·
I bet someone on the SIU mens basketball team did it! There not nicknamed the "Crime dogs" by other teams in the Valley for no reason!!! Hahaha!

No seriously sorry wish I could help, that's got to suck I have never had anything stolen knock on wood!
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
I saw somebody do this be for, there were 2 crews working on the same street parked be hind each other. I saw it from like 3 houses down from them as I was loading up. What they do is they have one guy in the back of a pick up laying down then he pops up and grabs blowers or what ever from the back of your truck. Don't leave any thing on side facing street that is not locked up. It is getting bad out there not just the cites but the suburbs too. The only thing you can do is not buy hot equipment from web or pawn shops. We need two stop them from unloading there stolen swag.

From the D:usflag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.