Back pack blowers

toomuchtime

LawnSite Senior Member
Whats up guys my echo back pack blower is taking a S on me its pretty beat up been around for awhile and ready for retirement im thinking:hammerhead:. I use is it for blowing my machines out onsite during mulching jobs mostly. Im thinking of replacing it with a stihl br600 magnum i have good luck with there chainsaws? or is there something more powerful or better product out there?

Thanks guys
Happy New year !!!!!!

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
There is so much BP blower stuff in the lawn care section that by the time you read it all, there will be all new stuff. You'll have to start over. I have the Red Max too. Its been good. The Stihls look nice too, smaller & lighter with similar size motor but they are 4 strokes.

AWJ Services

LawnSite Platinum Member
There is so much BP blower stuff in the lawn care section that by the time you read it all, there will be all new stuff. You'll have to start over. I have the Red Max too. Its been good. The Stihls look nice too, smaller & lighter with similar size motor but they are 4 strokes.
I have Stihl saws and they are top notch. i have a stihl 4 stroke edger and I hate it. Thats why I would not buy a Stihl blower. The Redmax is tried and true simple 2 stroke. It is a heavy blower but it gets the job done and always cranks. Mine has stayed out in the weather for going on 7 years with the only problem is a busted primer bulb. But come to find out it does not even need it. I have been using it with a broke primer bulb for 6 months.LOL

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Mine is bullit proof too. Its an 07 and when I started out I would do full spring and fall cleanups with just that thing. Painfull to look back on now... I've replaced the carb once. Two strokes are the obvious choice for a small engine. I do have a 4 mix stihl trimmer and its been fine also. My Stihl dealer happens to be close enough that I may give in and start buying the 4 stroke stuff. Mostly because the Red Max and Echo trimmer dont last worth a **** anyway so I just assume be closer for service.

Kepple Services

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a stihl br420 blower and like it better than the 600.... It's a 2 stroke blower and have been told by many that there are less issues with the 420's over the others. It's lighter and just about as powerful.
Posted via Mobile Device

ParkWelding

LawnSite Member
I see a lot of guys around here with the big Stihl blowers, any that I talk to seem to like them. I have had no luck with any Stihl products, 2 or 4 stroke, with the exception of chainsaws. I'm not sure what the difference is, I don't really care, but there is a difference. Both Stihl and Echo are fully stocked at my dealer of choice but I have pretty much settled on Echo trimmers/backpack blowers. I can get longer useful life with them.

During my "Stihl Years" i did have two of those 2-stroke backpacks, IDK if they were BR400 or BR420's. They were awful IMO. Ran OK, but did not move a lot of air, vibrated a lot and did not last.