1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

backflow certification ohio

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by swill, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. swill

    swill LawnSite Member
    Messages: 3

    anyone know whats all involved for backflow certification in ohio.
  2. BSME

    BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 829

    or Michigan
  3. jerryrwm

    jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,274

    Check with ABPA - American Backflow Prevention Association. They can give you the low down.

    Thought I heard or read somewhere that you have to be a Master Plumber in MI to test. Strong plumbing union.
  4. Flow Control

    Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,267

    It varies, you need to be a licensed plumber for most area's. Start here http://ohiowater.org/
  5. Mjtrole

    Mjtrole LawnSite Member
    Messages: 226

    Yes, in MI you have to be a master, and as of last year I believe you have to have a builders license to pull plumbing permits also.

Share This Page