• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Backpack Blower

lungs414

LawnSite Member
I have about 1 acre of property that I own and need a blower. Any suggestions? I was looking at Stihl but unsure about mixed reviews on the newer engines.Thanks in advance

EastCoast

LawnSite Senior Member
I second the RedMax 7000 series blowers.... great equiptment!
Posted via Mobile Device

WH401

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought a Stihl BR600 back in the fall of 08' and couldn't be happier with it. It's run great for me, it always starts on the second pull, the thick padding and light weight make it comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and it's reasonably fuel efficient for it's power. It powers through wet ground coverings or huge piles of leaves without a problem, and not to mention it works pretty decent as a snow blower. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another one. IMO, if it's within the budget, everyone should invest in a backpack blower.

RonAyersMotorsports

LawnSite Senior Member
An BR550 backpack is a great blower for a homeowner without having to spend as much for the 600. The new 550 has a two year commercial and homeowner warranty. All issues have been addressed and fixed in these units. Buy with confidence, buy STIHL.

chad56

LawnSite Member
Echo/shindaiwa both make good blowers. They merged last year so there line comes together.
Echo pb 500
Echo pb620
Echo 755
shind eb633rt
shindeb802

LarryF

LawnSite Bronze Member

JABBERS

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm not trying to push anything but here are my experiences. I have had still since 1992. I have every stihl i have ever bought and they all run just fine. The older ones back from the early 90s I have replaced primer balls, pull starter cords and carberator kits thats all. My kids use my first set of handheld blowers since the backpack blowers are still to heavy. I never have ever had to much trouble out of a stihl its great equipment.

georgiagrass

LawnSite Senior Member
Stihl BR 600. No doubt.