1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DISTURBEDSMR, Jun 14, 2008.

1. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

What are you guys running on your Bad Boys the Fusions or has anybody changed I have a yard that I have to cut pretty slow because the grass in half of it is shaded and not real thick and it is leaving alot uncut if I go over half speed about 8 mph the lawn has to be cut at 4 inches so I am not getting a good vacuum any help would be appreciated

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

drop it down to 3.5"and see if you get a little better 4" is tough in thin grass I demoed a 32/60 Bad Boy this week and the cut was just OK it had new sharp hi lifts on it I feel after all of the great thought and engineering that they put into those machines a bit more overlap would be a big help alot of others have 3" and BadBoy along with several others are only 1.5" total meaning a 60" has 3 20.5" baldes vs a 60" with 3 21" blades just my thoughts as I have ran Deere and Everide both have 21" blades and have the cleanes carpet like cuts of any that I have had

3. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

I have better luck running ExMark notched high lifts. Has a bigger sail, better lift, and a overall cleaner cut. I think a super high lift like on a Scag would be the best, but they are too long for the Bad Boy.