Bad Boy Revolt Stander

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
I spent some time around the Revolt today and I must say I was damn impressed. The ergonomics of the machine have to be some of the best I've felt on a stander. The controls were amazing. Deck raising was effortless. Access was great to almost all locations. I would have preferred the back pad to flip down vs. flip up for access, but other than that, they really did a solid job designing this piece. I wasn't able to mow with it, so I'm curious on the cut quality with the new decks.

Does anyone have any input on QOC? Does anyone have any seat time cutting with a machine? There aren't too many reviews on these machines as of yet. It would be nice to get some more feedback. Definitely considering one of these machines. Any reason to sway me away?

20190919_130907.jpg
20190919_130913.jpg
20190919_130918.jpg
20190919_130923.jpg
20190919_130934.jpg
20190919_130939.jpg

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
That's how the Wrights/JDs are setup, deck height on left and parking brake on right side.

Only thing that would give me pause is reports of total dealer and manufacturer indifference to warranty and post warranty issues.

OP
D

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
That's how the Wrights/JDs are setup, deck height on left and parking brake on right side.

Only thing that would give me pause is reports of total dealer and manufacturer indifference to warranty and post warranty issues.
I've read of some of those reports. I try to keep them in context, but some things are somewhat concerning.

Slimedog65

LawnSite Member
Just from looking at your pics,how easy is it to adjust the deck height ? I see the handle on the left to do so and the pin / height scale which holds the handle in place. I'm just wondering if you would have to dismount the machine to do so. It certainly looks like a two handed affair, one hand holding the handle, the other placing the pin in the preferred selection. Besides that minor concern, the machine looks like a serious piece of equipment that is narrow enough to snug thru some tight gates. I'm definitely considering this mower and like yourself would like to hear some other comments about it!

OP
D

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
You set the pin first to the desired height, then drop the handle. It's pretty easy.

Unfortunately you're not gonna find many to review the mower. Seems they have somewhat of a 'behind closed doors' following. They got such a bad rap here years ago that many likely don't even want to be bothered with the naysayers!

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a 48, bought last year! Sold my low hour cat diesels, and now wonder why I didn’t have some type of stander!

Rugged machine, cut with the gator type blades is excellent, not too impressed with the factory ones!
My dealer( tractor bobs in okc) is great, this is the 6th bad boy I bought from him! ( and I’m a cattle rancher with a fleet of five “green/yellow” tractors!

my only (small) issue is how they use the rubber hose to facilitate oil changes, other than that I’m quite happy with it!

Slimedog65

LawnSite Member
Nice! My other consideration is Wright but the dealer is 35 miles from me and really busy. Place gets covered up for weeks once the season comes around.

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
They did a good job with this, simple and rugged! It’s my favorite and gets me away from push mowing with the 30 turf master!

there first attempt with a stander a few years ago was, well, less than stellar! I feel they learned their lesson and applied a little more thought to the ergonomics of the unit!

understand a 36 was/is in the mix, would like one but need a z sprayer/spreader of some type a little worse!!