1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Day Today

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Second yard of the season, I pulled up to the curb outfront of the house. Got the trailer ready to be unloaded and everything. Hopped up on the YTH 180 and it wouldn't crank. I figured well its just dead, so I push it off the trailer and try to jump it off my truck, still nothing. So then I start checking safety switches and fuses and all that good stuff. So when the day is finally done and I got the trailer backed in to the driveway I attempted once again to start it. Then I left to go to dinner, when I returned I once again tried to start it, it cranked and I saw sparks coming from down by the starter on the engine. So now I've gotta get up earlier than usual tomorrow and start disassembling the starter to see what I can find.

2. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

It usually not good when sparks come out of your starter :p, i need to get some sleep, i was working at 5.30 this morning.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Shouldn't you have been on your second yard of the season about a month and a half ago?

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Shouldn't you have been on your second yard of the season about a month and a half ago?

I wish but the grass around here is just now taking off.