Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stared a job for a client the other day I was roughly half way done trimming when my weed wacker's shaft just fell off so I just when to get my mower to mow the grass then I would go get a new weed wacker. Well when I was mowing grass to my luck I got done with the front yard and ran out of gas in the mower and spare tank. So i stopped at Lowe's since it was next to a gas station and they sell weed wackers. I picked up a new weed wacker went back to the job started trimming again, I forgot to bump so I had to pull the string back though( no big deal). Well I went to take it off and wouldn't't come off so I took the entire head off and replaced with the head that i normally use ( a weed warriors hassle free head). and then i fished up the job.....I think that was the slowest job ever

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man just so your aware, i bought the troybilt straight shaft a while back and . .

. . . it was THE WORST piece of crap i have ever used. Starting it was a 10 minute hassle till it warmed up, and if you turned the dang thing on any kind of an angle it died

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I personally would take that trimmer back. Go across the street at get yourself a ECHO Srm-2100 at home depot. $199 its a commerical grade trimmer. That troybuilt will fall apart. Plus it has a really nice commerical grade easy to load head on it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Take the time to prepare yourself. Upgrade your eqipment when its time to replace it. The echo would be a much better purchase than anything at lowes. As stated above buying from a servicing dealer is priceless should a problem arise later.

The night before I always make sure I got plenty of fuel (dont even really need to carry any 4 mix doe to 10 gal tanks on mower) mix 2 stroke fuel. Wind trimmer heads, Make sure all blades are set to go. Taking a few min when your not under a time constraint is alot easier than having to leave a job because you were not prepared. The more time you save being prepared the more time you will have for another lawn!

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
What's the saying?

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail...

Be prepared and like Billy said upgrade when you can. Quality equipment will make a world of difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.