1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bad news..sad day

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Katwalk, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

:( My accountant died two days ago....just found out. He has been involved with my family for about 12 years and through the first 6 years of my business. Large firm....do I send a card or anything??? Had a heart attack in the office before going to the company x-mas party. Wife and two kids.

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure the family would appreciate knowing that you are thinking of them.

I would send a card.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I would send a card to the family and , if able, send a small donation (or larger if he was a close friend of the family) to the heart association in his memory.

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I would send a card and flowers. The donation to the heart association is a great idea.

5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would definately send the family a card. I might even go to the showing, depending how close you were.

6. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I think a card would be a nice gesture. I would also call and ask if you could drop off a meal for the family.

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

such sad news ....specially this time of year ....I'd send card n flowers

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Sorry to hear this. Definately send a card and flowers. How old was he?

9. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that, showing support in anyway you feel comfortable is great. I hate it when things like this happen.

10. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

Yesterday (Friday) I sent a card to the house and to the office. It just stinks because he was only about 42 years old. I appreciate all the responses and suggestions.

Ryan