1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

bad pressure loss causes.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Turf Dawg, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

Let us know how this works out.

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

To be honest, I am a just above a know nothing chump. Since I am not a back flow tester I did not know I needed gauges. Trust me I am learning different things but I am a work in progress. I may ask some silly questions sometimes but it is because I want to learn to do it the right way. I have seen and know some folks around here that have done it wrong for many years because they were taught by someone that knows nothing and I do not want to be one of those people. I know I will never know everything but I do want to never stop learning. I am pretty good at pesticides from years of experience but I am just learning irrigation so it is going to take awhile.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Questions don't always exactly cut it. At some point you have to invest in the tools it takes to diagnose a problem first time off. There are plenty of other reasons to have gauges on hand.

Since we're thinking a flow restriction, and since maybe the state of Texas doesn't want unlicensed folks taking apart any DCVA, it would come down to using a pressure gauge to see if one or more sections of a DCVA are sapping pressure, by way of connecting to the testcocks on the DCVA, and seeing what pressures show when a zone is on..

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I often say you're only as good as the company you keep, there's a reason for it :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Wet_Boots

....and don't forget to check the blinker fluid.... :p

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Shucky darn Boots, this mean you're smitten on me now?:laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Wet_Boots

No, it just saved me from posting the rant-style response which was my first inclination. :realmad:

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

But I am glad I asked because now I know that I need them and that is something I need to check.

Oh BTW, found the problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

But but but but ..... if you have been doing something wrong for more than 20 years, then it's got to be right ...... right? :rolleyes: :dizzy:

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Cough it up
    Posted via Mobile Device