Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.....Here is the problem:

Have a sprinkler system at my house, 6 zones, 3 valves......Toro flow pro valves, zone 1 and 2 handle the front, 1 is for the scrubs, 2 handles the lawn.......I cannot get zone 2 to to come on using the controller, it shows it is running, but its not, it will then go to zone 3.

I replaced the plunger and as soon as I screwed the cap back on and turn the main on it fired up, ran for 20 minutes and went to the next zone 3. Also replaced the solenoid with a new one...

Shut it off and tried to fire it up and nothing happened.......has the entire valve gone bad?

It did this last year and i just turned the knob and it worked fine....thanks for your help.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Help.....Here is the problem:

Have a sprinkler system at my house, 6 zones, 3 valves......Toro flow pro valves, zone 1 and 2 handle the front, 1 is for the scrubs, 2 handles the lawn.......I cannot get zone 2 to to come on using the controller, it shows it is running, but its not, it will then go to zone 3.

I replaced the plunger and as soon as I screwed the cap back on and turn the main on it fired up, ran for 20 minutes and went to the next zone 3. Also replaced the solenoid with a new one...

Shut it off and tried to fire it up and nothing happened.......has the entire valve gone bad?

It did this last year and i just turned the knob and it worked fine....thanks for your help.....
In my experience, the typical failure mode for the FloPro is "failing closed" where you can't even bleed the valve to come on.

Cut the valve out and replace it with another brand. FloPros are nothing but trouble.

·
Banned
3,159 Posts
Toy2, they have all lead you in the right direction, something that is very rare and unusual around here.

Cut that POS out and put in a real valve (stay away from the Nitros, tho, unless your last name starts with an "L").

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK.......spent last 2 hours replacing the valve, put new one in and zone 2 fired up, went to the control panel, went to each zone, and came back to 2 and WTF, it did not come on??????

I messed with the bleed valve on the new one and all is does is fire up zone 1 all over again??

Someone please show me the way.....it has to be something simple......spent $40;00 on parts....and wife is tripping on the St. Aug. being torn up....Help!!!

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
OK.......spent last 2 hours replacing the valve, put new one in and zone 2 fired up, went to the control panel, went to each zone, and came back to 2 and WTF, it did not come on??????

I messed with the bleed valve on the new one and all is does is fire up zone 1 all over again??

Someone please show me the way.....it has to be something simple......spent $40;00 on parts....and wife is tripping on the St. Aug. being torn up....Help!!!
You can't open the bleed on valve #2, and have zone #1 start up without pipes from #1 hooked to #2. There has to be more to it than what you are describing.

In your first post, you state 6 zones, 3 valves. Nope. Each zone has to have a valve. That's the way it works. Something is seriously messed with your system. call a pro.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dana........6 zones, 3 valves, plus 1 1/4 main off the main house line.

Start of season zone 2 did the same thing, Toro manual stated to counterclock the solenoid in the event it was sticking.....worked the last 6 months....then just stopped.

The 2 valves in the backyard control 4 zones and can be turned on using the valves....when i replaced the valve, it was 1 1/4 line reduced to 1'' for the valve back to 1 1/4 take off. sie by side.......homes in this subdivision were done by the same contractor...now out of business.....home is 10 years old and I've been here 8.....

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
OK maybe I'm missing something here. Anyone else care to explain since I apparently don't know what I'm talking about? ONE zone needs ONE valve. You can have ONE zone using TWO valves. But I don't know how you get TWO zones with ONE valve.

·
Banned
3,159 Posts
6 zones, 3 valves, math not my strongest point but something definitely doesn't add up here.

Could there possibly be indexing valves installed after each valve? Sounds like this one may be a nominee for CSR's new thread.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have to remember it was done Texas style, no backflow, nothing.

The yard used to have Bermuda so the valve boxes are visible......when the St. Aug was installed they scalped the front and only one valve box and main valve was visible, I raised both boxes to match the St.Aug.........the back is still Bermuda with the two valve boxes...............so I truly believe the system was done "Mickey Mouse" style....

·
Registered
14,016 Posts

The yard used to have Bermuda so the valve boxes are visible......when the St. Aug was installed they scalped the front and only one valve box and main valve was visible, I raised both boxes to match the St.Aug.........the back is still Bermuda with the two valve boxes...............so I truly believe the system was done "Mickey Mouse" style....
But even Mickey Mouse Texans know that one zone needs one valve. I still think you may need to call someone local to fix.

And by fix I also mean installing a backflow preventer. No good Texan will touch it if you don't.

·
Banned
3,159 Posts

That's not Texas style - that's homeowner style.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.