Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the suspension seats mske much difference on the badboys. Ive got s bad boy rebel, thats not a real bad ride, but our place does have some rough places. Already dropped the tire pressure, I was looking at suspension seats online, and looks like sround 7-750 plus shipping, and estimated totals were around 900 delivered. I don’t mind spending if it’s worth it. I bought a suspension seat for my old yazoo years back, off ebsy.. don’t remember the brand, but it didn’t help much, if any.

· Registered
269 Posts
There's a suspension platform on Amazon that mounts between your seat and mower. It's adjustable to make it more firm or soft. I think the price is around $175 but we've installed a few last year on customers mowers we work on and they've seemed happy with it.

· Registered
8,426 Posts
Does your mower have any type of suspension front or rear? No flat front tires? If the answer is no / yes then a suspension seat will make a ton of difference.
Referring to your old Yazoo I'd guess it wasn't near as fast or the frame wasn't as stiff as current zero turns and you didn't feel the roughness. I can't imagine using a zero without a good suspension seat. Once you go suspension you won't want to go without.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, ill look at that suspension base.
No the mower has no kind of suspension, and it dont have no flat tires.. although I may go to no flats eventually, since ive had a few flat tires from thorns.,I did drop air pressure to 10 psi front and rear. I came close to buying the next model up which is the Rogue,, which has suspension. but the rogue the dealer had didn’t have the motor I wanted and it was also a lot more money.

· Registered
8,426 Posts
Thanks for the replies, ill look at that suspension base.
No the mower has no kind of suspension, and it dont have no flat tires.. although I may go to no flats eventually, since ive had a few flat tires from thorns.,I did drop air pressure to 10 psi front and rear. I came close to buying the next model up which is the Rogue,, which has suspension. but the rogue the dealer had didn’t have the motor I wanted and it was also a lot more money.
I don't recommend the no flats (front only) as they ride like rocks, think Flintstones. Depending on how much time you spend on your mower your back/body will appreciate any sort of suspension. I've had the add-on type and they are good but if you are thinking long term a true suspension seat is much better. My current seats are a Grammer MSG65 and a John Deere ComfortGlide. I paid $350 for the Grammer though I doubt you'll find it at that price now. Do some searching online and you can probably find a better deal than the $900

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks..,ill do some looking. I found a couple posts on the web that basically said exactly what you are saying. The base helps, but full suspension seat better. Im gonna do some looking online at those grammers. Thank you!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up buying a seat from bad boy parts. It’s probably made by grammer, atleast the dial for adjusting looks the same. Big big difference though on ride. I just hit a little spot beside the shop, maybe mowed 5 minutes, but could definitely tell a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts