• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

baffles

ChadsLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Post your questions in the "Commercial Mower Section" Someone else may have to answer this 1.. but there, there for a reason and I would not remove them..

greengiant9963

LawnSite Senior Member
on my lazer the baffles are welded on would it hurt if i get those remove to help the grass spit out when its wet i have a lot of clumping
Was actually going to try this. I am sure it would cut down on the clumping but not sure what kind of cut you would get either.stringers, etc. Thats why I have never tried it. If you look at the underside of a deck of a wright stander it is all open with no baffling. So makes me wonder. But like yourself I do get alot of clumping in wet conditons with the exmarks.

ChadsLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use to live in a little town called Youngstown. 30min north of Niagara Falls.

Meg-Mo

Inactive
You can take the baffles out but the best is to just cut and fold to get a nice smooth flow across the front of the deck. We do this on a lot of the exmarks that come in to have the MEG MO blades put on.