Lawn Care Forum banner

bagged grass

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  DLCS 
#1 ·
What do you guys recommend for: I dont have any way of transporting bagged grass from the jobs I mow that are bagged to whare I dump the grass. In the past I have transported in x-large trash bags or in tarps. I need pics of some ways beside big rigs with big cages on it to transport. I have thought about some sort of cage on the front of my trailer but may get in the way of hauling 2 z-turn lawn mowers. Also where do you guys dispose of the grass at? :gunsfirin

#2 ·
i am not sure if you are trying to tell us that the bed of your truck is not an option. if it is...i would but the grass in a large tarp and secure that in the bed of your truck. then when you get to whereever you dump..all you basically have to do is back up the truck and pull out the tarp and your done.

as far as places to empty teh stuff-if you have a remote area-you can use it as compost-just make sure its not right near your house or the neighbors becuase they do stink.

#3 ·
If you cant transport it just mulch it. dont you have a pickup? as for getting rid of the grass we have are own dumping area but do not dump much grass because we mulch most of the time we probably bag more in the spring then the rest of the season.you can take it to a compost site or a landfill but that gets expensive..

#7 ·
Originally posted by Avery
I do not bag unless the customer provides a place to dump. It would cost me too much to take every load of clippings to the dump not to mention I would have no space on the truck for mowers if I started hauling around clippings.
Heres an idea for you if you can afford it buy a small trailier and put your mowers on it and that will leave you enough area to throw all the clippings in the truck bed...

#8 ·
Originally posted by workaholic
Heres an idea for you if you can afford it buy a small trailier and put your mowers on it and that will leave you enough area to throw all the clippings in the truck bed...
:laugh: Not an option man. I DO NOT haul around grass clippings. And I drive this so I do not have to tow a trailer. With all the places I bag I would need a semi, not a p/u to carry the debris. Thanks for the advice though.....;)

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

#9 ·
Try and find some large cloth bags, It nakes it easy to find a place to put them and easy to dump with one man. I have some large ones that came from a packing house. When I scalped a large lawn with a Walker, we could dump the large bin 4 times and still have room, I was able to pull them on the trailer and dump them by my self. I also used them for leaves, I would fill them up, then drag them with the mower to orchard to dump. Wish I had the bags a long time ago, would have save alot time.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I still think that bagging is my best bet. The areas that I mow have more trash(cig butts and paper napkins) than clippings. If I mulch I have a bigger mess than what I started with.
I am thinking of getting some sort of backpack vacuum system. Any suggestions on models or brands that are better than others?

#16 ·
While I never have bagged grass 100% on all my properties, when I did i just threw it in the back of my pickup. I gave it up for 2 reasons, hard to find somewhere to dump it and the stench of moldy damp grass is enough to make you sick. I have found mulching is the way to go or just side discharge using Meg Mo blades.

#17 ·
i normally double cut my lawns. dont own a bagger. you my also try runnung doubles.

#19 ·
Originally posted by trying 2b organic
can u meg-mo even wet grass? clumping? grass is always wet here. ty
I have to mow wet grass sometimes usually from a heavy dew the night before. I found a much better cut and no clumps when wet using the Meg Mo blades. I use the Meg Mo blades on a JD 757.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.