Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
b&b, blades of steel and i completely agree about accelerator catchers. ive had min a few weeks and couldnt be happier with it . i have the xl model for my exmark a. i think the capacity is 6.2 cubic ft . a bit more volumn for leaf collection. dont think you can go wrong with an accelerator. they make a catcher for just about any mower you can think of .

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Ditto on the Accelerator. I've got the small one for my 48 inch walk behind. It's light (relatively anyway), fills well, and empties well.

The problem is that you get covered in leaf dust and it fills up too quickly unless you grind the leaves up good first.

What I do is first let the bagger fill up and run things over at least once (using gator blades), then bag. Reduces the volume of the leaves tremendously. Still not the most efficient method, but worked for me last year.

·
Registered
952 Posts
nice to see you again darryl.

i use the bigger accelerator on my 99 lazer z 60.for fall clean ups i've found it best to break out the 11 hp little wonders and blow as many leaves as i can to the street to be sucked up by the vacs.then i run over the lawn with gator blades once then i make a pass with the bagger.i also use a trac vac on my W/Bs.kind of up there in price for that setup 1800 i think it was somwhere around in there.all depends on how many leaves your accounts get

darryl, i got a price for the ultra vac.i think im going to sell my house if i have to get one 2068 for my new Z

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Mike - Good to see you too. My computer blew up so haven't been on in a while.

I ordered the Ultravac for my Lazer. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm sure it's less than yours since it's the 2 bag unit.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have an Accelerator for my Lazer HP. Best purchase this year hands down. Easy to attach, good capacity. The only thing I don't like is the leaves blowing up onto me. I'm going to rig up some kind of shield or something cause I sure would hate to get dirty during leaf season.:D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
attention everybody! accelerator makes dust cover panels for their catchers. I had to convince the dealer where I bought mine that they do exist. At first he wasnt aware of this.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Guys, as locutus said, we do make dust covers. If you don't want to spend the 50-65 bucks for our covers, you can rig one up yourself. We use a vinyl coated nylon fabric that lets air through. It is similar to what a cloth bag is made out of. In fact, if you have an old cloth bagger that you are not using anymore, you could cut it up for dust cover panels. The best way to attach the cover is to use short, pointed screws (we use # 8 1/4 inch length screws) with a washer on the outside to keep the screw head from ripping through the fabric. The screw, being hardened steel, will thread into the holes in the bagger. It attaches pretty tight. I recommend that you put the cover on the outside of the bagger. You may eventually have to clean the whole thing out to keep the airflow good. Of course, in dusty, dry conditions you don't need quite as much airflow coming through the bag to get a good fill. If any of you guys have any suggestions about a good fabric to use, Please let me know or post it so others can use it.

Peter

·
Registered
543 Posts
John, We do. We have done some slight modifications to the main catcher so it will take the weight. All the 2004 Accelerators will be extender ready. I will post a picture this week. MSRP for the extender for the 6.2 will be $275.00. It has just under 5 Cubic feet of capacity. I don't recommend that you fill it with grass, needless to say.

Peter

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd say 11 to be exact. It is pretty big, you could put a guy inside easily. If you check out the post in the Accelerator forum, you can see a picture of the extender on a standard size bagger. The jumbo extender is about the same proportions relative to the catcher.

Peter

·
Registered
952 Posts
peter where can i get that setup.does it fit the bigger bag too?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mike, We do have it for the Jumbo. I will post a picture on the Jumbo later this week (I don't have one on my home computer right now to post). If you want this setup, give me a call at the office and I will help you get one. It is very new so it is not in the regular distribution channel yet. We have not started to advertise it in Pro or Turf Mag yet. Most dealers are not even aware of it.

Peter
800-984-9410

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.