bagger question

casey humphrey

LawnSite Member
I just bought my first toro ztr 52 my question is this can I put a on of those grass hopper steel baggers on these machines. These are the ones that hang off the deck. I have seen them on alot of walkbehinds I even have on on mine I like it seems to work. would it work on a ztr is the question

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yes it absulutly will. It will fill up fast. Go with an accelerator. Super light, and you can a big extention for leaves or thatch. They also have a kit so you get as covered in dust. I have the 6.2 for my metro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G

Inactive
Yup, it will work. I agree though, go with the aluminum Accelerator catcher if you can afford it. Personally I hate side catchers...they fill up fast, blow crap in your face, stick out pretty far, hit the ground if it's uneven and bounce around/off if you're going fast. I have one I bought for my walk behind that I can also toss on my rider, but a rear vacuum bagger should be your ultimate goal.

Landscraper1

LawnSite Senior Member
I just bought my first toro ztr 52 my question is this can I put a on of those grass hopper steel baggers on these machines. These are the ones that hang off the deck. I have seen them on alot of walkbehinds I even have on on mine I like it seems to work. would it work on a ztr is the question
I think you meant "Grass Gobbler" catcher. Yes it will fit. If you do alot of collecting I would invest in a collection system. That would make the work easier and faster.

Also, be careful. A side mounted catcher on a floating deck will make an uneven cut when full.

OP
C

casey humphrey

LawnSite Member
I was thinking that about the floating deck uneven cutting and I have a 02 toro with the stamp out deck these decks were a lil weaker that the newer ones. Any advice on a inexpensive collection system? What does a factory bagger run these days? My other toro walk is a fixed deck and the grass gobbler works great on that unit. I just need the extention for that unit.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
A new system runs 2500 or so newer. Could be a little more. Watch eBay and Craigslist. You can also check with dealer see if they have any used ones laying around or ones they will seperate. It seems like you can't much more for a bagger on a mower on a dealers lot anyway.. with a factory bagger or after market bagger that's on the back you'd be set for leaves mulch or whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device