Bagging clippings?

Honda250xtitan

LawnSite Member
This is an interesting thread for me. I bag every single yard every day I mow. Running a Walker ghs. Dump it on a burlap tarp. Dispose locally. Bermuda summer, scalp and overseed rye in November

Unrelated....my route coincides with the alley garbage pickup.

scalping I’ll grab my dump trailer and throw the clippings in it. I can’t imagine hands unloading grass clippings from a truck or trailer via shovels

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
This is an interesting thread for me. I bag every single yard every day I mow. I can’t imagine hands unloading grass clippings from a truck or trailer via shovels
waaaayyy back in the day we bagged everything with snapper self propelled 21" mowers and tossed it all into an old ford pickup. Next morning it was off to the city dump, (which was closed long ago) to dig it all out with rakes, before starting the bagging all over again. no dump trailer for us back then.

sheeesh, how wasteful and unnecessary was all that, even then?

but it's pretty much what everyone was trained to do, sold
on, and wanted, and it took some years for attitudes to change, and with the changing knowledge of turfgrass management, thankfully they did.

Last edited:

GrassManKzoo

LawnSite Fanatic
The guys just dump the bags in the back of the trucks. come back to the shop and the 73 year old guy rides his bike in at 3:30am to start unloading. After crews leave it gets pushed into the corner with the Kubota. Every other day it gets loaded with the Kubota and taken to our dump. Every fall I spend 2 days at the dump stacking it to make room for the leaves.

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
The guys just dump the bags in the back of the trucks. come back to the shop and the 73 year old guy rides his bike in at 3:30am to start unloading. After crews leave it gets pushed into the corner with the Kubota. Every other day it gets loaded with the Kubota and taken to our dump. Every fall I spend 2 days at the dump stacking it to make room for the leaves.
you been doing it that way since 2005?

how do you price all that extra handling?

are there any accounts you don't bag?