Bagging clippings?

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
He said 18 times. You'd rather mow the lawn 18 times than bag once? Lol
If your mower isnt capable of reducing grass to nothing in 2 passes its probably time to seek new machine.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Agree

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
If your mower isnt capable of reducing grass to nothing in 2 passes its probably time to seek new machine.
Agree, as long as no one is applying excess Nitrogen. I still like mulching and hitting the rows with a blower. The blower can hit 3 or 4 rows at one time, that the mower left, and works even better on a windy day.

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I see lots of trucks/dumps and trailers full of clippings when I'm out.
Any time I go to the dump to drop off debris from hedge/shrub work I see multiple trucks lined up waiting to dump grass clippings.

I also see a lot of guys who work in the poor sections who bag the grass.
I guess that comes from working for people who can only afford once or twice a month and having them want it scalped to the ground "so it lasts longer".

Way too much work for me. You have to have a pretty good sized truck or trailer to bag all your lawns - then make multiple trips to the dump - time and money spent.

I'll just stick to what works for me - mulching.

Wells mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
The only time i use a bag is for small clean ups or in the fall when leaves are falling.
My lawn boy 10655 gold series mulches great so most of the time i mulch and people here never ask to bag it.
20210507_065025.jpg