1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bagging grass with dump conversion?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, May 10, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    What do you guys think about the conversion dump kits that convert your regular truck into a dump (not my current truck)?

http://www2.northerntool.com/product/479690_479690.htm

I made the post about bagging and was wondering if this would be a reasonable alternative. Would it work well for doing mulch also or would an actual 1 ton dump be alot better. I want to get a different truck with more power next year. My truck sucks at towing on the highway and the milaege is horrible even when not towing, about 12 MPG or less. I replaced the plugs and wires. The air filter is clean also. I don't see why it would do so horrible. It is however rated at 15 city and 19 highway. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
    -Nick Howard

2. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'd kill to get 12 miles a gallon while towing. with my enclosed trailer i get 7-9 mpg

Ron

3. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard every time you get gas, you have to raise the bed up to get to the gas fill tube since it cant be mounted to the bed. Also, I heard that bumpers or hitches can get in the way. But that is just what I heard.

Jason