1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bagging Options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, May 27, 2000.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Is there any other options for bagging with a Exmark Lazer Z besides a trac-vac system. I just don't like the way the hose comes around the side like that, but there is probobly no other way to go. Does anyone use any trac-vac units. I was also wondering how they worked on sucking up those leaves. Thanks in advance!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a bag that fits on the side of the deck (like a walk behind). It works o.k.<br>In heavy grass you must double cut, with the bag on for the second pass. A little more time, but reduces your clippings by about 70%. On and off is a second. Cost $335 vs $1800+.<br>I use this on a 60&quot; Lazer.

3. Guido

Is the bag made by Exmark or is it aftermarket??<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

After market<br>Accellerator<br>I think grass gobler makes one also<br>Mine has not bracket..just on and off.

5. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

Hey, quick response here. Had Exmark trac vac w/ 8 hp ic motor. This was about 500 lbs. dry weight including weight kit on front of 60&quot; mower. This unit sucks up every thing, including pets and small children. However, it has limited capacity, more maintenance ( another motor) etc. <p>Now, Exmark is coming out with the Ultra series vac system. This has an extra shieve on the drive spindle to drive a impellor assembly. Very slick, I have one on a 48&quot; hp lazer. Is not yet available on the 60 or 72 models, but give them time, eh? Cost for 48&quot; unit, $1,200.<p>gus

6. mikeslawncare

mikeslawncare LawnSite Member

Here's a site you might find interesting, unit comes with a spindle driven blower.<p>www.turfspecialty.com

7. Guido

Thanks Guys!!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti