1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bagging Pricing Question.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, May 26, 2006.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have an account that's fed and watered regularly. Although I have a bagger (Scag Wildcat with 3 bagger) I usually only use it for fall clean-ups. If I charge 40.00 for just mowing, does anyone have any idea what to charge for bagging the same lawn? I did it once just to see how much grass there was and I unloaded the bagger about 1-1/2 times for his size lawn.

Normally, the lawn only takes me about 30 minutes from start to stop.

2. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

How many bushels does the bagger hold? The reason I ask is because my exmark QDS bagger holds roughly 11 bushels, and I charge $10 per load. So if your bagger holds 13 bushels go for $11-$12 a load.

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Mine is 16...but $13 sounds about right. He's the only one on the route so I stuck him at the end so I can just dump it all inside a tarp on my trailer.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

sounds good to me. I'm not sure how big the bagger is on my Walker, but I charge $5 per dump.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just checked - 6.7.

6. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i don't charge extra for bagging unless i'm doing a big 5 arce yard. i then double my mowing price. i have a 20 mt walker w/ 42" deck and 9.5 bushel hopper with high dump. :waving:

7. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I started this year charging %15 extra to bag and leave bags on prop and 25% extra to remove. after my first 4 renewals came in with the bagging option checked I changed contracts to bagging at My discression and 25% extra or 35% with removal.

After some trial I have decided next year I will put the option back on with the 25% extra to leave it there and 50% extra to remove only because this area's closest disposal is 10 miles away from any of the houses I cut.