Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 4-wheeled garden cart at Home-Depot a few years ago and it's super handy. The problem is that the bearings are shot on two wheels and need replacing.

I have looked everywhere and can not find a 16x35x11 bearing to save my arse. I'm pretty sure it's a metric bearing because the not the holds the wheel on is metric, and it was made in china.

Any thoughts would be greatly apprciated.

Oh, yea, I did talk to home Depot. No Help.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
If there is a NAPA auto parts store near you take one of the old bearings there and they may be able to match it up.
I have gotten many bearings from them.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Try either Berry Bearing, or Bearing Headquarters. If they don't have it, they can get it.

Then to customize your wagon, go to discount tire and get yourself a set of 21" pimp wheels and mount 305 tires on them then adapt them to the wagon. Ad hydros so you can make it jump while you work. You can get a deal on all 4 for about $2,000 a tire/wheel combo....:):):) Kidding

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
freddyc said:
mcmaster carr, eastern bearing, or maybe graingers.

Measure it with calipers (ID and OD and width) and look it up on any of these places.
Been there, done that. The problem is that most meteric bearing either come in a 15mm ID or 17mm ID...nothing in 16mm. So, I thought hey, maybe they are standard...from China? Doubt it.

I am going to take them to a huge bearing outlet in springfield and see if they can match them. Problem with McMaster is they are like 24.00 each and still not quite the right size.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
HighGrass said:
Been there, done that. The problem is that most meteric bearing either come in a 15mm ID or 17mm ID...nothing in 16mm. So, I thought hey, maybe they are standard...from China? Doubt it.

I am going to take them to a huge bearing outlet in springfield and see if they can match them. Problem with McMaster is they are like 24.00 each and still not quite the right size.
Having that much trouble, Be darned if I wouldn't be taking my torch to them axles and replacing them with a standard size.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I'm also doing a bearing search. I found a large selection on eBay.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Here's some bearing numbers for you.
with 2 shields
SKF 466306-2Z
Fafnir 202KDD6
NTN 6202/16ZZ
with 2 seals
SKF 466306-2RS
NAPA 202CC16
CR 202CC16

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.