1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

bamboo removal?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by steve in Pa., May 25, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

anybody ever remove a bamboo hedge? customer has about 50' x 3 1/2' hedge of bamboo they want removed. Never removed bamboo is it really hard to get out, was thinking of using a dingo if thats not big enough then a skid steer. trying to get an idea on mhrs. for a 3 man crew?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck getting it to NOT come right back.

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Steve in pa,
    On way that works well is to cut bamboo 2-4 inches from the ground and spray an ounce or two of round- up pro (41% A.I.)
    diluted to a 5% solution....(6.4 oz. RU per gallon water) into each shoot. I use a backpack sprayer with the nozzle removed to save time. After 1st treatment you should have less than 2% growback.....Follow up same as above and bye-bye bamboo.
    I would charge for 8 man hours plus $300 for herbicide and a Fee to remove all of the bamboo you clipped.....$1000-$1200 Job Total.

4. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

let the customer know there might be growback and it is hard as nails to pull out.