Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sedona, Jan 16, 2001.

  1. Stonehenge

    Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 1,276

    I would talk to a lawyer as well - many give the first hour of the first meeting free - you can see where you stand for free.

    And at least, DEMAND THE $$, and stop doing anything there until you get some sort of payment.

    Your wife working there sounds like a gift, not a hinderance. Can she put any pressure on the money man to get you the $$? Can she cut a check for you?

    You've gotta play hardball now, and pull out all the stops. :angry:
  2. UrbanEarth

    UrbanEarth LawnSite Member
    Messages: 142

    To Sedona: Most likely you have lost the money, but it may be worth it to go through the motions (Registering your claim, going to the creditors meetings, etc) in order to find out what is involved in the process. If you have the time, I would highly reccomend that you do this, as you get to see the process in action, and you may learn how to protect yourself in the future.

    To Bobby B: If your wife works at the company and somehow gets a cheque to you, most likely you would have to give the money back. It would be considered a bad faith payment on the part of the company, to the detriment of the other creditors. Sucks big time, and it may actually be criminal(?) to have her do it (if she even can).

    Been through bankruptcy from both sides. It is ugly all around. Do things by the book and you may get something.


Share This Page