Banned! Iowa Professional Lawn Care Association IPLCA

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by americanlawn, Apr 14, 2019.

?

local lawn care memberships worthy?

1. never

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. sometimes

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. once in a while

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. they are a joke

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. they just want free advice

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Actually, my company is not banned, but.... I cannot ask anymore questions. I asked advice on their "page" several weeks ago >> never any answer/feedback for several weeks - or any other "activity" on their site.
    So then I posted: "I really don't know what the IPLCA does for me" + thinking about "not renewing my membership".
    So today I go on there to see what's up/responses, etc. Welp…..my password is no good anymore.
    I became a member of these guys back in the early 90's, but then we cancelled our "membership" soon after, cuz we thought it was a waste of money.
    I've been spraying lawns/trees for 41 years. Masters in horticulture. And EVERYBODY in my "market" knows me.
    I get way more advice from "lawnsite.com" members than I ever did from the IPLCA.

thoughts?

2. 314Lawns

314Lawns LawnSite Member

Joined a local one a few years ago. Looked legit but was a scam. Offered nothing other than their logo on your website. Cost $40 to learn that lesson.

americanlawn and TPendagast like this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Pretty much this

I don’t even belong to NALP

Back in the day I belonged to all that stuff
    ALCA , local versions of ALCA, SIMA, symbiot landscape network... etc
    they just collect fees and offer little else

ALCA almost had something going with CLT/CLP for a while but somehow managed to flop
    PLANET was a mismanaged joke.

Been considering joining NALP... but can’t figure out why the more successful I am , the less I need your organization, the more you charge me?
    Seems like a success tax

4. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a member of one here I joined years ago it was a one off membership fee and I get cheaper liability insurance through a group purchase arrangement

americanlawn and hort101 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    americanlawn

from midwest

Iowa Professional Lawn Care Association: Ok then >> here it is middle of June, 2019. Still no input this year.... no articles, insight, etc regarding the green industry in Iowa. So I began to search >> founded 04/1998 (2 decades after I began my career in the industry). Employees = 1. Location = a "suite" in building #1605 N Ankeny Blvd, 50023. Annual sales = $19,617. Registered as a "corporation". thoughts?

6. OP
    OP
    americanlawn

from midwest

bump. also donations are not deductible. :)

7. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

You can join the bigJ lawn care superstars association of quality professionals of America. For a one time fee you get a signed 8*10 photo of BigJ and yourself in your company shirt. You can also put our BJlcSAqPA logo for advertising purpose. You will also get daily texts of BigJ's thoughts. Which in of it self is priceless ask anyone in my text groups.

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i never join anything that asks for money. if they ask for money it's a scam.

paulsgrass likes this.
  9. Mshawn

Mshawn LawnSite Member

Look at all the free advice and great people here, so why would you need to join some stupid association? Maybe I just don't understand.

10. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Truth man.
    I have a separate folder I save all your text in. I will re-read them often.
    Priceless stuff !! :)