Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they are a joke

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • they just want free advice

Votes: 1 9.1%

Banned! Iowa Professional Lawn Care Association IPLCA

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BigJlittleC 
#1 ·
Actually, my company is not banned, but.... I cannot ask anymore questions. I asked advice on their "page" several weeks ago >> never any answer/feedback for several weeks - or any other "activity" on their site.
So then I posted: "I really don't know what the IPLCA does for me" + thinking about "not renewing my membership".
So today I go on there to see what's up/responses, etc. Welp…..my password is no good anymore.
I became a member of these guys back in the early 90's, but then we cancelled our "membership" soon after, cuz we thought it was a waste of money.
I've been spraying lawns/trees for 41 years. Masters in horticulture. And EVERYBODY in my "market" knows me.
I get way more advice from "lawnsite.com" members than I ever did from the IPLCA.

thoughts?

#3 ·
Pretty much this

I don't even belong to NALP

Back in the day I belonged to all that stuff
ALCA , local versions of ALCA, SIMA, symbiot landscape network... etc
they just collect fees and offer little else

ALCA almost had something going with CLT/CLP for a while but somehow managed to flop
PLANET was a mismanaged joke.

Been considering joining NALP... but can't figure out why the more successful I am , the less I need your organization, the more you charge me?
Seems like a success tax

#5 ·
Iowa Professional Lawn Care Association: Ok then >> here it is middle of June, 2019. Still no input this year.... no articles, insight, etc regarding the green industry in Iowa. So I began to search >> founded 04/1998 (2 decades after I began my career in the industry). Employees = 1. Location = a "suite" in building #1605 N Ankeny Blvd, 50023. Annual sales = $19,617. Registered as a "corporation". thoughts?

#7 ·
You can join the bigJ lawn care superstars association of quality professionals of America. For a one time fee you get a signed 8*10 photo of BigJ and yourself in your company shirt. You can also put our BJlcSAqPA logo for advertising purpose. You will also get daily texts of BigJ's thoughts. Which in of it self is priceless ask anyone in my text groups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.