1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bartering....what's your best barter deal struck?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kbenvironmental, Jul 2, 2004.

1. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

I'm trading a portion of my net profit on a mid-sized job for 1on1 driving lessons needed towards SCCA/NASA certification. He used to be a big name according to my racing fanatic friends. His current rate is $900/day plus expenses. :eek:
    Not the most useful trade but so far the most fun!

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I once traded a bill to a customer for $160.00 to get a used Honda dirt bike that he had in a garage sale. The bike works real good, I ride it all the time. I imagine its worth at least 300.00

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i once traded a years lawn service for a $4500 jetski.. It was only a $30 a cut yard....

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I traded $500.00 of a $6,500.00 wall job for a 1963 Dodge Dart with a slant 6. The car was dent free, needed an interior. Now has a Ford 9" read cut down with disc brakes, and am putting 18" wide McCreary tires and a four link suspension under it. After we triangulate the frame, a 500cu in 550 HP Hemi crate motor is going in, but that is next years project..

5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Lawncare for a latte. I mow once a month at a coffee stand that the yard is maybe 10 X 20. Small beds too. If i keep it up i get a free latte every day, any size, for the entire year. No biggie right? My latte i drink plus small tip is 5$ a day. Lawn care takes me 8 minutes a week. (unload time incl. and gawk secretly at the coffee chiks included too.):D

6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to find a small meat market and offer to do the lawn for free. FREE STEAK ALL YEAR woo hoo!!!

7. fishman644

fishman644 LawnSite Member

ive traded work for a f-250 and an 81 chevy

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I traded some sprinkler head replacement work for an Echo HC-1500 hedge trimmer that had only been used once.

9. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Wine store/ meat market. Had about $1200 credit for whatever I want in it, plus $2000 cash for materials and other labor. Not a great deal but it seems like I got drunk and fat for free.

For an irrigation/patio work that I did for her. This was a learning experience though. I gave her a deal would have (SHOULD) have charged her $4000 for the job but because she is letting me advertise in her store I cut her a break.. That was stupid. Although the steaks have been divine.........at least I am fat and poor :p r

10. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I traded out knowledge from one of my customers. He taught me how to buy and sell homes. He has a $60 yard and I have been doing it for 8 years for free!! But I have made over $500,000 in the real-estate market because of the knowledge he gave me. Remember knowledge is priceless!!!!

Jason