• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Bartering

AB Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I know that in the past there was a topic on bartering and some liked it others did not.Well I now LOVE it!I barter with a guy who owns an auto wrecking yard.He does repairs dirt cheap for me.And gives me good deals on cars and trucks.For example I bought a 1991 poniac firefly(they are know as geo metro's in the US)for $200 I put about $300 dollars into getting it on the road and drove it for a month.Then I sold it for $2200!With that money I am now going to buy an S10 for all my small yards.I thing bartering can work out awsome!!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
It can work at alot of places. I planted flowers and mulched a small garden at the corner of a gas station lot once a year, and we get to sell x-mas trees, easter flowers, whatever on his lot. I know another good one is in towns where contractors have to pay a fortune to dump debris, there are many people that you can work something like that out with, farmers, etc, I think it was mentioned here somewhere before. Good Deal though!!<p>Now, there is a negative side, I've seen people get buried in this $hit, and friendships turn into nightmares!!! Be careful not to get burned!!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

Twotoros

LawnSite Senior Member
And if Unkle Sam catches wind he'll want in on the action.

Toddppm

LawnSite Senior Member
I was driving to a bid couple months ago and saw a canoe at a yard sale and had to stop. I ended taking down a tree for the guy for $700 and the canoe($400)! I am going to look at some other trees later this week for a guy that does satelite tv systems, he was installing one at a job we were on couple weeks ago, he's a little far but might be able to trade for the dish, installation, and couple boxes! I know a guy who has worked for a truck, maybe a half day job.