Lawn Care Forum banner

Basalt Columns

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lite4 
#1 ·
Tried in hardscaping but did not have much success. Realize I should have posted it in here.

Does anyone have a wholesale supplier of Basalt Columns?

I want to do some bubbling boulders with them, but nobody around here seems to stock them except a pond supplier which seems pricey.

I talked to a supplier today and he made mention he would order some wholesale if I found a supplier.

Anybody have some lead on these?

Also, what are they like to core drill? Am I going to get half way through and they split on me? I've seen them done before and look quite nice as bubblers.

#4 ·
Supplier from China quoted me at $6000 for 22,000 kgs. Probably brokerage fees on top of that. It's a 20' container.

I'm not sure how well they would ship though. I've also never ordered such a product from overseas. It also is not naturally dished like some that I see.

#7 ·
This is a regional product from the western U.S. I lived in Idaho where they were plentiful. If you buy quantity you can have them shipped. Here is the supplier I used in Washington/ Idaho:
http://www.rockplacingco.com/

As far as drilling, don't worry about them splitting on you, they are harder than the dickins to drill. Best if you have a drill with a press and something you can attach it to for leverage. They are ultra dense and ultra heavy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.