Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reinforcing the fact I am an idiot:

I bought the Stihl HS 80 three weeks ago instead of the Huskie equivilant. In that time i have seen the Robin hedge trimmers, Huskie and Redmax.

Boy those are alot lighter and easier to manuever, at the rate I am going my left forearm is going to surpass the strength of my right, which has taken "years to build up" from training sessions. :D

Just remeber, before you buy research and test, at least look at other units. I would have never bought this hog if I had looked at the other choices...........

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Originally posted by grasssin
Reinforcing the fact I am an idiot:

I bought the Stihl HS 80 three weeks ago instead of the Huskie equivilant. In that time i have seen the Robin hedge trimmers, Huskie and Redmax.

Boy those are alot lighter and easier to manuever, at the rate I am going my left forearm is going to surpass the strength of my right, which has taken "years to build up" from training sessions. :D

Just remeber, before you buy research and test, at least look at other units. I would have never bought this hog if I had looked at the other choices...........
Ditto that. I hate using those things because of the weight.

:D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There is a reason the Stihl is heavier. It's built with heavier (read stronger) components and will last longer and out-perform the others. If you do light weight work... buy light weight tools. Otherwise buy the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A few years back, I rented the FS 80's. You are correct. If you had to use them on anything approaching a regular basis, you would have pop-eye forearms.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I didn't say it wasn't a good machine. When I can get the thing started, it cuts through just about anything. But the damned thing is heavy and it sucks to use it. Especially for just light trimming of bushes, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just came in from 4.5 hours with a shindi T270 in my hand I can totally relate with you. But I love the power.......

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Originally posted by BW4486
sissies............
Post a pic of them forearms BW4486. I dont know for sure, but the veins in my forearms are probably bigger your biceps.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Originally posted by BW4486
Well I use HS 80, HL 85 FS85 FC85 everyday and am not the one complaining about my arms hurting from using a string trimmer
We are talking about hedge trimmers.

P.S. I will be buying these hedge trimmers sometime this summer. I never said I didn't like them, but they are some heavy rascals. Looking forward to even bigger forearms.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have 1 FS 85R 2 Redmax Strato Charged and 2 Shin. T260s 1 T230 1 T261

The T260s are my favorite they are powerfull and easy to swing. However the Stihl 85R is the oldest trimmer I have and it has never had a problem. The other six trimmers have all needed service. And im not refering to plugs, air filters... The strato charged trimmer need a carb rebuild every 75-100 hrs. The T230 is so low powerd its a joke, its alittle shorter than most trimmers I should of taken it back.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I had one of those Stihl HS80s. Big heavy pig. I spent the last 2 weeks 8 hours a day using a Shindawa. Its about the same weight as the Stihl, I know the Pop Eye feeling , But it cuts very well. I also have 3 Tanakas. Much lighter . I just bought a new Tanaka last month. The new Purefire engine on it is a gutless P.O.S.. Now I have to find a different brand of light weight machine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.