1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Basic leaf cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 17, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, so far I'm only using a 48'' Ferris to cut grass and with the leaf season approaching I am just wondering if simply bagging the lawn each week will take care of most of the leaves? If I start bagging next week and charge a little extra I think it might not be a bad idea and then at the end do one final cleanup with one of my friends, they can rake/blow out the beds and I'll bag the lawn. I also have a 42'' craftsman mower with a big bagging system (my fathers mower), it can hold alot more leaves then my little accelerator bagger.

I would use a tarp but I don't have a leaf vaccum to suck up any leaves with.

Does this sound like an alright idea? If not, what do you guys reccomend?

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i try to get more cuts out of my customers , that way i have less leaves to contend with. the way i do a clean up is first blow leaves out of beds and away from buildings then i mulch them and then bag that way i dont have alot to haul away .

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a good idea I just wish I had a mulch kit on my mower with meg-mos or something like that. Maybe what I should do this week is buy a mulch kit for my mower, megmo blades, and while I turn the leaves to almost dust my buddy can follow me with the craftsman with bagger and git'r done.