1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Basic troubleshooting videos

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Nov 7, 2013.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

top shelf family..

I told his father you were a ninja irrigator.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

How to use a Greenlee pulser video

Posted via Mobile Device

3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

i gotta get one of the those. im sick of trying to hear faults on the 521 or 800s

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Right tool for the task at hand. I have the GFL3000 and like the high and low settings. The pulser that I used didn't have the dual power settings. I don't know if a newer unit does though.

I do have more 521s than I do pro800s but use the 800 more if that says anything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jcr4au

jcr4au LawnSite Member

What do the different settings tell you? I have been using the high setting mainly because the manual said that is the best option.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

If you're looking for a series of faults then high power should be used. If you're looking for the larger(est) fault, then you should select the lower power output setting.

I try to use the lower output level as much as possible. Locating the larger faults and then after re-testing the wire path Persuing the lessor faults.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

GFL3000

Posted via Mobile Device

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

A few years ago there was a difference of opinions (go figure) on whether or not a fish tape could be located in a pipe when the pipe was full of water.

I had to locate and identify a single pipe using the fish tape method so I thought, " why not fill the pipe with water and prove or disprove the theory".

I induced water from one end after inserting the fish tape.
    [​IMG]

I located the path with the Armada pro-800. My signal was somewhat sketch due to low battery. I fixed that by plugging the unit in and performing the locate while charging the battery. I've done this before wth the 800.
    [​IMG]

In order to verify the target pipe I used an inductive amplifier to double check the pro-800. Six pipes crowded into a ditch so I want to improve my odds. Kinda the measure twice and cut once way of thinking. This is a lousy pic but at least you get an idea of what I am doing.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is a better pre excavation pic.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is a somewhat better pic of the inductive amplifier that I took from video

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device