Basics of lawn care?

BLJ

LawnSite Member
I’ve started another thread on the business side of things. Now I’m looking for advice on the mowing and lawn care side of things. Generally speaking, what would you consider to be the basics? I’ve taken care of my own stuff for a long time but I’m looking for advice on all things lawn care. Equipment, different grasses and how to maintain, when to change blades and when to sharpen, what kind of blades. Everything. I’m open to all information.
If there’s other threads I need to look into, please provide a link. Thanks.

Mikeorl

LawnSite Member
Re: different types of grass and how to maintain. Do you have a local extension office? For me, I have the University of Florida extension office that is located fairly close and I can(and have) access their website for information about the different types of grass and how to maintain as well as pest, plant, weed identification and how to deal with. If you have something like that in your location I’d make use of it. UF has been a big help for me.

OP
B

BLJ

LawnSite Member
Extension office is about 7 miles away. I’m sure ours would be a big help just like yours. May stop by the first of next week.

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
lawn care basics can be learned through the school of hard knocks, if you haven’t you should enroll in a community college and take some business classes

Top Forums