Basics of lawn care?

OP
B

BLJ

LawnSite Member
So a ZTR may not be necessary, but by being faster a person will net more profit? That’s what I’m seeing.
I’m just not sure if I’m my area if it would work well enough in enough situations to justify the cost. Or maybe there’s other options for steeper ground?

Youngandfree

LawnSite Platinum Member
Time onsite is money. The shorter time onsite means more money. No way I'd mow grass as a living on a lawn tractor.

I help my buddy on occasion mowing his grass on a lawn tractor because I don't want to haul my stuff to his house. I HATE IT. It's slow, takes way more time going around things than compared to a zero.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Most pros use ztrs vs riding mowers. They are faster and time is money.

My point was that a high quality cut appearance can be had, regardless of what machine you have.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Time onsite is money. The shorter time onsite means more money. No way I'd mow grass as a living on a lawn tractor.

I help my buddy on occasion mowing his grass on a lawn tractor because I don't want to haul my stuff to his house. I HATE IT. It's slow, takes way more time going around things than compared to a zero.
To be clear I'm not suggesting mowing professionally on a lawn tractor.

It was merely a suggestion on how to improve the look if the cut until he gets a ztr if thats what he decides he wants to do.

OP
B

BLJ

LawnSite Member
A ZTR may be in the future, but that is a ways off yet. I’m going to use what I have for the time being.

OP
B

BLJ

LawnSite Member
Understood. :) Any recommendations on good mulch I blades for a Kubota 1850?

Top Forums