Lawn Care Forum banner

Batch tanks?

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Cuando 
#1 ·
Are any of you guys mixing in a batch tank?

I was checking out how a commercial rice applicator was doing things and man, it sure makes a bunch of sense for me.

12 acres worth of material mixed in 30 gallons. Flow ten gallons of mix into the sprayer (4 acres worth @ 20gpa) and flush 70 gal through pump to fill 80 gal tank. Happens quick at 72 gpm with that little Honda and 1 1/2" hose! I can fill the 200 gal tank on the truck this way too for big days and the float valve in the water tank means it can be filling when we are out spraying. I also rigged it up for rinsing containers which will make that run much smoother.

Looking forward to breaking this in as we waste a lot of time filling and mixing.

See less See more
#7 ·
kemco,

I bought my first Ranger and built this sprayer thinking it'd be awesome to have a Ranger to write off that I could use to hunt and play with. In all honesty, it has kept me so busy that I've barely hunted/played with either of them!

From solar fields to sports turf to industrial sites, it has been a great addition to my business.

I never thought I'd spend this much on a UTV and not worry about where the business is gonna come from.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.