1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Battery backpack for blower reviews

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Gatto, May 13, 2017.

1. Gatto

Gatto LawnSite Member
    Male

Anyone using backpack batteries for hand held blowers your input would be greatly appreciated. We are using them only for the blowers due to new ordinance placed banning gas blowers for approximately mid spring to late summer.

20170509_165933.jpg 20170509_165926.jpg The AR 900 gives about 130 minutes of constant use set on max. Cost around 1200 us dollars (with blower included into price) Looking to purchase another back pack in the future and was looking for reviews on other brands. Power is not too bad I'll upload a video in the upcoming days.

hort101 likes this.
  2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Cool :DThumbs UpThumbs Up

Gatto likes this.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

cool. you could look into husqvarna as well. they have a battery setup too much like that one.

hort101 and Gatto like this.
  4. Gatto

Gatto LawnSite Member
    Male

Update : this thing is bad a$$. I only spent two bars of battery on 14 mid sized accounts mostly cleaning walk ways and driveways and a few lawn clippings that needed to be spread out on the grass. I'm being very conservative with keeping it on low to mid power settings with the random turbo boost for the lawn clippings on the turf. Next week we are re installing the mulching kits on one of our 36 exmarks and keeping the other with a shooter for the taller grasses. :mechanic:

Love the Green Biz and hort101 like this.