• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Battery dies every few weeks

Stuttering Stan

LawnSite Bronze Member
Is there an alternator to recharge the battery on the 25hp Kohlers. Where is it? I notice it getting weaker and weaker until it finally gives. Any help?

General Grounds

LawnSite Senior Member
:blob3: sounds like your retifier, it is located on the blower housinf it had a plastic clip with 3 wires coming out of it. that should be your fix, good luck. tony

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
stutterstan said:
Is there an alternator to recharge the battery on the 25hp Kohlers. Where is it? I notice it getting weaker and weaker until it finally gives. Any help?

If you check this thread out it will answer any and all your questions and show you how to repair your problem.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=118079

roket77

LawnSite Member
same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago on my kaw,,,the three wires the other guy wrote about going to engine,,,i spliced in new wires,,,wet grass oil or heat ruined the ones going to engine,,worth a try,,now mine has been fine,,on my great dane,,there is a 2 wire clip and a single wire going to regulator on side of engine,,the wires did look decent but as easy as it was to change/splice in new wires i gave it a try and all is fine