1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HLTX, Jun 14, 2020.

1. HLTX

HLTX LawnSite Member

I’m transitioning my business from gas to battery. I’m posting videos on some equipment. Maybe it can help others interested in battery..

Oregon’s 120V battery mower..

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    HLTX

HLTX LawnSite Member

Husqvarna’s 325iLK battery kombi unit..

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  3. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

What’s the point? A gallon gas can carry’s more energy cheaper.

4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the only information I can find on those batteries. Did you actually have to pay that much for one?

006F423B-68FE-4C80-9977-FC5E32EB384E.png

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

What guage is that deck? Doesn't look thick to me.

What is your reason for switching to electric? It seems like a half hour per battery isn't quite there if you're using a push mower at several properties. I'm all for the cordless but have found that they're not where they need to be yet for my purposes.

Are you advertising this as a "green" option or do you do it for sound reasons or do you feel that the batteries have less impact on the environment? Just curious.

No gloves likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    HLTX

HLTX LawnSite Member

The battery equipment is just all-around more pleasant. No fumes and low noise.

Nocosecs, Crazy 4 grass and No gloves like this.
  7. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

Saw a youtube video on the greenworks 25 mower and said it has up to 2hrs run time wich is the most I've heard of for a walk behind.dealer sells them but I think I'm gonna play the waiting game,maybe 5 more years

HLTX likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    HLTX

HLTX LawnSite Member

Oregon’s 120VX Backpack Battery..

9. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

So fumes and noise are the main reason, i get that, but I know it wouldn't fit my bill.

10. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Sure 2hrs runtime if you cutting air. If you mulching w/that GW push mower your run time significantly less.

Problem w/battery stuff is you need 3 batts for any piece of equipment you run if you actually running it commercially and not just put putting about