Battery powered equipment - 2020

Matthews Lawn Care

LawnSite Gold Member
I might've posted on this already, but I am pro Makita, I just added a small chainsaw to my lineup this past Christmas, it does just the job I need, cut firewood for personal use and nice to have handy if one of my yards had an unexpected downed branch that I can cut and haul off. Battery life and power are smooth and last a long time each charge.
How much firewood do you cut?
How big are the trees/limbs?
How long does a charge last?

Just curious, I’m not for or against battery powered stuff. If it’ll work as good as gas, I’ll use it if not I won’t. So far lawn equip wise, battery still has a ways to go but they are getting there.

danothemano

LawnSite Senior Member
How much firewood do you cut?
How big are the trees/limbs?
How long does a charge last?

Just curious, I’m not for or against battery powered stuff. If it’ll work as good as gas, I’ll use it if not I won’t. So far lawn equip wise, battery still has a ways to go but they are getting there.
I'm not the best at posting pics, but when I tested it out on a dead tree behind the house, this haul took at least 75% charge(started full got down to one out of 4 bars), just a 12 inch blade, but like I said, it's all that I need

IMG_1264.JPG

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Ahh it's a niche chain? Again, it's all I need for what I do, but I highly recommend it if it fits ur need
It can be used for what your doing too

Not too many top handle battery saws yet but some climbers are trying it and positive feedback so far

SS Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
you think stihl is the leader in battery hand tools for lawn care?

Echo has a 58 volt trimmer, does stihl make that? Also, does stihl have on that can cut more than 14" swath?
Stihl also doesn't have the same battery that works in all of their battery powered equipment. Way too many variances in battery sizes, fitments, volts, amps, homeowner, commercial, etc. Too damn complicated and way overpriced. Commercial users want one size battery that works with every tool, and lasts a long time, period.