1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

BBB

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by weeze, Mar 26, 2018.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

has anyone else been contacted by the better business bureau? they were wanting me to be acredited with them and i was all in until they said the cost is $350 per year. something like $32.17 a month.

North Idaho Dream likes this.
  2. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

Yup. They’ve contacted me. Never saw the need to be accredited with them, especially for that price. I’ve had one person ever tell me she looked me up with the BBB and since I didn’t come up, she figured I didn’t have any complaints.

weeze likes this.
  3. Credsfan03

Credsfan03 LawnSite Member

Yeah, its definitely not needed but it does have some benefits. Every once in a while we will get a customer asking if we are accredited and occasionally we will get leads through the BBB. It will help with SEO a little to have a profile with them.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it seems everyone that calls wants to charge me money though. gets old when i don't need to pay when advertising is free. facebook, google, etc. etc. all free. why do i need more? especially if i have to pay for it. no thanks.

oqueoque and 13Razorbackfan like this.
  5. UniqueLandscapes1

UniqueLandscapes1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

They called me the beginning of this year also. When I asked about the price and said I would never do it for that price per year they said it was a one time fee. For that I thought there could be some value. So I did it. However, they do try and get you to pay extra for advertising on the site which I turned down. They seemed a bit annoyed by that.

Mdirrigation likes this.
  6. Credsfan03

Credsfan03 LawnSite Member

I didn't know they had paid advertising on their site? We get some leads just from our membership (only a few per year). Also, we pay monthly. I really don't think they have a one time fee for being accredited...

7. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

SCAM ALERT! Look em up, one office was on the news for getting paid to improve a users rating. Such a joke of a "watchdog" organization. Spend that money on advertising and take care of customers and you'll never need their phony badge of approval.

weeze likes this.
  8. UniqueLandscapes1

UniqueLandscapes1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

I guess it is more like you pay extra and your listed at the top of all landscaping pages or something like that. You can also be top and bottom for more money. It was quite expensive do I didn’t do it. I swear though the lady said it was a one time fee for membership. She even asked someone else there. If they hit me up again next year I definitely won’t be renewing.

Credsfan03 likes this.
  9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

The BBB was angies list of the 1980's .

oqueoque and weeze like this.
  10. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

We get a couple customers a year off of it so I guess it pays for itself.