1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bed Edger Vender

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by racerdave, May 10, 2001.

1. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trying to locate a Bed Edger dealer in the south-central Kansas area. Anybody Know of one? I'd like to demo one of these.

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Sell a job if you can edging, then go rent one for half a day and you'll make money(good money) along with getting all the demo you want. They are very easy to operate and do a very good job as long as you dont pull too fast. We just did a job a week ago re-edging 450 feet of beds and made 450.00 in about 25-30 minutes from start to finish. If its not really rough we charge .50 cents to a dollar to edge and if its rough with high root content we charge 1.50 to 2.00 a foot.

:blob3:

3. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I'm buying a bededger from the rental shop that I've been using for 200.00 less than the best deal my mower dealer can give me. Maybe you should try a rental center first. The rental center was going to sell me a nine month old unit for 1300.00. I opted to buy new so I will know the history.
    Bill Craig:D

4. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Bill and Guntruck, Nearly everyone in my area has never heard of a bed edger. Including all rental centers, and mower dealers. Oh well, put in 3000ft of new beds the hard way.
    David