• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Bed Edger

lawnguy12

LawnSite Member
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a good, quality bed edger. Any recommendations on what to buy and look for? Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
that sidewinder looks like a great machine but no one in my area sells them . i would love to demo one of them . the only ones i have used are browns and some yellow one but i forget the name . i like the browns but is not self propelled , really sucks if you have alot of hills to contend with .

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
JKOOPERS said:
that sidewinder looks like a great machine but no one in my area sells them . i would love to demo one of them . the only ones i have used are browns and some yellow one but i forget the name . i like the browns but is not self propelled , really sucks if you have alot of hills to contend with .
The Side Winder is new to the market. I seen it at a show in Connecticut last year. Very nice power unit.

Gene

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have rented a "Bedshaper" and it done a nice job. Easy to operate but only has one function...I think?

The "Bed Edger" by Brown Mfg. seems to be a very nice unit and its multi-functional. If I were to buy a unit today it would be the "Bed Edger".

thats my O

turfcobob

LawnSite Senior Member
Go look at the Edge R Rite by Turfco. Turfco.com then click on the lawncare side. The machine works like a sod cutter. cuts back and forth and just lays the edged material over for later pickup. This is good is you do not want to re-mulch the beds. It has 5 blades for doing 5 types of cutting not just beds. Does sidewalks, a mini stripper for edging installs, a mini "V" trech blade and another for installing brick edging.
Since it cuts back and forth is shakes the hell outa ya in hard ground but water a little and it is pretty easy to run. Cuts down to like 4 inches deep and the nice thing is it is in front of you so you can look right down on where you are edging. I forget what it costs but that is in the web site and you buy it right from them.

Turfcobob

Meadowbrook

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Bedshaper, blue & red. Blades can be changed for burying cable, laying pipe, or shaping landscape beds. Love the machine, but it sucks that you've gotta walk backwards with it, that's my only pet-peve. But it's a great machine for the price, or for anybody that doesn't have $5k to spend on something that will get 20 hrs. use per year.

Chris