1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

bed edgers, any feedback?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Jul 22, 2008.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use the gas powered bed edgers? are they hard to get used to? do they leave the same nice clean, crisp edges as a shovel does? Thinking of getting one, if they work good and save time. Just wanted to hear some peoples feed back before I search the area for one to try and maybe eventually purchase. thanks in advance.

2. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

post this in the commercial landscaping forum

i've been wondering about them as well, they talk about them alot on that one. i haven't bought one yet but they seem to like them over there.

3. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

i use the brown bed edgers i like em there fassst and good work, they gota honda on em there wicked expensive and ez trench has a good line for price wise

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried Trenchblades on your stick edger?

:waving:

5. LAwnpro13

LAwnpro13 LawnSite Member

I have a Brown and LOVE it, well worth the price tag! It will give you far more more consistant edge then a shaovel and be a least 10 times faster. Keep an extra set of belts with you when you have it at the job site, it always finds a massive tree root at the worst time. It will slice right thru a normal root but watch for those 4" monsters, they take the belts right NOW!!! Been there done that a couple times LOL

Dennis

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I purchased a few trenchblades this season and it was the best thing I did. I love them. I think they are pretty cheap, too.

7. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

whats a trenchable blade? whats it look like, what makes it different then the regular blade on an edger? I have never heard of them before, but would def try them out, they are alot more freindly on my pocket than a bed edger

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Here ya go http://www.trenchblade.com/

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

10. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

let me know if you have any more ? that the website did not answer.