• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

bed edging

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
too many variables........soil moisture, roots, etc......I usually just charge my hourly rate....with a 1 hour minimum.....plus the rental fee for the machine......

Derek

there are no variables with a bed edging machine, they will go through anything as fast as you can pull it. When they can do 30-40 ft per minute, you will not make much charging by the hour. I have done up to 600 ft in just over 15 min, id rather make $600 for the job than $20 charging by the hour.

lawnranger44

LawnSite Senior Member
We make fine money charging $.50 per foot plus rental fee.

Rent a Brown edger. They're awesome baby

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
Well...let see........the last job I did was only about 50 feet of edging. Charged $80.00......took me about ten minutes.......cost to rent edger $37.00.

kept $43......that is about $258 per hour. Pretty good when you figure I was only looking to make $40 per hour.

This was part of a $500.00 spring clean up/mulch job.

Works for me...

Derek

GarPA

LawnSite Silver Member
we offer many different landscape services....the top 2 most profitable by far are:

1. bed edging with machine
2. machine bed edging

very profitable...and very ez with the machines

a $1500 revenue day is very doable....

now I can see some of you salavating out there....but the key is to charge the right amount.

we've never had a single customer complaint about a few hundred dollars to have their edges done...and the people who used to do it themselves, think its a real bargain given the fact it took them days to do it by hand and cart off the soil edges