1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Bed trencher, shaper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Feb 11, 2001.

  1. siclmn

    siclmn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 364

    I still have no idea what a bed trencher, shaper is. I live in Bellevue, Washington and we edge our lawns with a gas powered lawn edger. These machines cost around $500. Some of you posted links that showed pictures of your machines but they don't show me what they do. Just what are you talking about?

    [Edited by Remo on 02-11-2001 at 01:45 AM]
  2. Guido

    Guido LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,087

    Okay, now that we have 100 posts open about bed edgers we might as well add this to the list! :)

    I don't know too much about the specs of the different machines, but I'll share what I do know. They're not for edging sidewalks, but flower and planting beds, and things of that nature. They put that checkpoint style groove in between the bed and the grass area to keep them neatly seperated. If you look in one of those other posts and go to the bromw mfg web link somone posted, it has some pics of using it.

    It can also be used straight up and down (the height is also adjustable) to do trenching work for low voltage lighting, dog fences, etc.

    Hope this helped!

Share This Page