Bedliner...spray on or drop in

Gallucci

LawnSite Member
I just got a new F250 and I need to put a liner in the bed. My old truck had a plastic drop in liner which worked fine and took a beating, the only problem is that materials slid around too much. Anybody have any idea on a quality durable product or liner that you have had luck with for heavy duty use?
Thanks

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've got a new 1500 I need a liner for too. I've been checking around, in my area there is a place called "Suburban Caps". They have a variety of different liners, one with a "scruffy" type platform that doesn't allow stuff to slide around. I know this isn't in your area but maybe you can find something of the same. I was advised against the spray in liners as they tend to crack when banged just right, then you have to replace it. The liner for my truck (8ft bed) is about $190.00.

Hope that helps

OP
G

Gallucci

LawnSite Member
Thanks, I was wondering if they made some that had a rough surface. I will check it out!

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
Line-x. Those drop in liners are crap. Spend the xtra $ and get a good spray in liner. Those drop in liners allow moisture under them and cause rust of the bed surface.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
G

Gallucci

LawnSite Member
Krazykajun,
It is a nice looking line, but can it handle heavy abuse? Dropping dirt and rocks from a skid steer etc? Thanks

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yeah, I'm curious too. The drop ins really allow moisture? The last thing I want is to THINK I'm protected when I'm not. I'm not intending to keep the truck so I want to maintain it as best as possible.

And who does the spray in? I'd make a mess out of it if I had to do it. Yet, I want it "perfect".

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
Line-X is the only way to go. That stuff is tough. We just had a service body sprayed with it yesterday. I've had it in three or four trucks and always been really happy with it's performance. Check out their website and look at some of the videos and stuff. www.linex.com I do recommend thought that if you are going to go with a sprayed in liner that you do so before you haul things in the bed. Once you put a bunch of scratches in the paint it's that much more prep work for them to do before they can spray it.

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks, it is considerably more expensive but as long as it lasts and is durable it's worth it.