Bedliners....

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'll take the plastic. I like the idea that things will slid out easy. 2 weeks ago I got 80-football-sized rocks from the quarry. Back up fast, hit the brakes and they slide to the end of the bed.

landscaper3

LawnSite Bronze Member
Rhino Liner spray in liner serves more purposes, NEVER have rust holes in your bed agian, rust wont go through this stuff. Things stay put and dont slide everwhere like my shovels,rakes ect. It all depends on your purpose (if you want things to slide around especialy in winter get a plastic liner & if you want things to stay put and longer bed life get a spray liner) both liners serve different purposes.

morturf

LawnSite Senior Member
I have had Rhino liners in 2 trucks one for 7 years and one new. Had a slide in, was not a good deal for me. The biggest advantage to me is that it is permanent, no gaps for junk to get behind and then rot or get wet and rust the box. there is no rub and things stay where you put them. I know they cost more but for me they work best.

Stinger

LawnSite Senior Member
Lone Star, We use the thick heavy duty rubber bed and tailgate mats. We haul alot of heavy materials ie: flagstone, concrete mix, trees, sod, and some palletized stuff. I checked out the spray in liners and they wouldn't
let a pallet slide in the bed too easy. Plus the company said the pallet might have exposed nails that may tear the liner when being pushed in by a forklift. Therefore they wouldn't warranty that type of damage. We had a plastic liner in a 3/4 ton truck and went to turn a corner at normal speed when 3,200 lbs of bagged cement on a pallet slid till it met the front of the bed and back window (not pretty). I prefer the rubber mats because they are easy in and out especially if you want to clean the truck bed. The plastic ones tend to hold water and spray in's are the most expensive. It all depends on what you use your truck for.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I also have a pastic bed liner in my JD Gator!

Turfer

LawnSite Member
I use a rubber mat but have used plastic in the past. The thing I like about rubber is that it absorbs / dissipates spilled oil,gas, gatorade or whatever liquid allot better than plastic.

Samurai WeedWacker

LawnSite Member
of the next truck I get. No more rust, no more scratches! Didja know it comes in a choice of colors?