1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

bee stings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hole in one lco, Jun 14, 2004.

1. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Where is the worst place you've gotten stung ?
    I got stung right on my nipple hurt like a bi%$& mined you i have 8 tattoos and not one of them hurt as bad as that bee sting. It got me to put my shirt on for the rest of the day. :D

2. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Wasp, right on top of the foot.

3. phenomenomm

phenomenomm LawnSite Member
    from Ok

I steped on one when I was a kid limped all the way home. I also got one in the mouth riding my bike, it stung my lip. I could'nt drink from a cup for a few of days

4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

yellow jackets on the top of the head. was sore and itchy for about 2 weeks.

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

My eyelid.........................

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't feel to bad now that had to hurt.

7. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i had one fly up my shorts one time and sting me that wasnt pretty. it put me in the hospital for abt 8 hrs

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Right smack on the lips, swollen for 3 days before they started to look somewhat normal.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Same here, wasp got me in the eyelid when I was younger, I thought the end was near.

10. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Last year I was taking my dog out on a walk and we went under our oak tree that somehow became a breeding ground for some type of bee's. There must have been about 50 or so that came flying out at me and my bloodhound. The first thing i do is to start running backward, but i trip and fall over my dog. I fall down on top of my dog while we are being attacked, and all you can hear is buzzing and yelping from my dog. Dont know how many times i got stung but if you name a place on the body i was probally stung there.