Been a while, I'm Back! Lets talk leaf sucker

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by KLC LAWN, Nov 6, 2018.

1. KLC LAWN

KLC LAWN LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I have been away from Lawnsite for a while... Have been a member with my old company K&S Landscape all the way back to like 1998... Anyhow I just picked up a used Billy Goat leaf sucker 16hp and I saw somewhere a replacement blower wheel that is supposed to grind and suck the leaves better... Anyone know where I can find one. Just added an updated video on my leaf box setup with in action video check it out on Youtube and subscribe if you like. I am going to add lots this winter fixing stuff up. Just search KenMrKLC in youtube search.

DXN1EL and hort101 like this.
  2. KLC LAWN

KLC LAWN LawnSite Member

3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Piranha blade?

DXN1EL and Walker56 like this.
  4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

To me something doesn't seem right with the way that vac performs. I only skimmed through portions of the video because nine minutes of watching someone else do a cleanup is torture but whole dry leaves should suck up faster than that. I wonder, is your leaf box vented? It was hard to tell what was actually happening with just a music background.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you, that loader should be pulling in more vacuum then what it is doing. OP was the loader at full throttle when you shot the video?

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the 14hp, not really by choice when mine went out that was all my dealer had and I needed one on the spot. It did ok till the tips of the impeller blade started to wear down and sort of bend over. It felt like I was at about 50% suck power running full throttle. Old and worn impeller? Jack's has them for around $235ish for the 14hp model.