Before and after pics of a little job we did

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GreginAlaska, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. GreginAlaska

    GreginAlaska Banned
    Messages: 829

    Most people would call it "hydroseeding". Basically we have a tank with an agitator in it. We put in water, mulch that is made from either recycled newspapers or lumber, add grass seed and fertilizer, then spray it on the ground. We put in some nifty little products like "tackifier" to help hold it in place. etc.

    Thanks BMF :)
  2. EastProLawn

    EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,110

    Nice work, very nice work indeed.
  3. youngdude

    youngdude LawnSite Member
    Messages: 152

    Do you really need tackifier when doing a lawn that size? I thought the tackifier was used only in really hilly places.
  4. wriken

    wriken LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,154

    a good rain will ball it all up, use tack to hold it in place, even on level ground. There's all kinds of goodies to put with the stuff.
  5. 94chevytruck

    94chevytruck LawnSite Member
    Messages: 17

    Hydromulch is a term used to describe a process in which a truck pulls up, a could guys run it and spray grass seed out of a nozzle kinda like on a fire truck. It is mix with other stuff to keep from washing away. It works really well.
  6. GreginAlaska

    GreginAlaska Banned
    Messages: 829

    Thanks East

    We use tack in every load, it holds the material in place and even keeps it from being blown away if the people don't water it...than it will germinate in the rainy season :blob3:

    Tack also helps to reduce friction in the hoses, makes for less clogs.

Share This Page